Greetings, ALL READERS, of this post.
54 years ago, on September 3rd, 1964, Elizabeth Joan Ward gave birth to a son. William John Ward. That would be ME. She was in labor that day. This year, America’s Labor Day, the first Monday in September every year, is Monday September 3rd. Bill’s Mom in labor on September 3; a National Holiday in America called, “Labor Day”, September 3 this year. Coincidence? Maybe.
MPIJ IA starts the new school year at capacity, with four students.
The first day of the 2018 – 2019 School Year is tomorrow, Monday, September 3, 2018.
Thank you to ALL READERS, for your support for the students.
I hope to see you in Kanamecho, a point of pivot, one of these days soon.
Love and Hugs,
Please set aside some time on Sunday, March 18, 2018, to visit MPIJ IA in Kanamecho.
A super-fun Open House will be held from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Grey Building B1, 1-2-9 Kanamecho, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
Bill Ward – 0909-9349-2058
Late June 2017 winds down the 1st School year, which started on September 1st, 2016. Three students shared laughter and learning throughout the school year.
Why MPIJ IA?
MPIJ IA understands that not all students learn in the same way, and some social skills come easier to some children than others. MPIJ IA offers an environment where students are taught according to their potential abilities and at their own pace. A child with developmental delay is NOT developmentally incapable, and the MPIJ IA staff knows this!
MPIJ IA simultaneously supports the development of :
● Academic skills
● Social competency
● Pragmatic language
MPIJ IA encourages students to self-advocate to grow in their self-awareness, build their self-confidence, and improve their ability to communication in today’s global world.
HOW WE SUPPORT STUDENTS AND PARENTS?
● Small class sizes with a student-to-teacher ratio of 4:1
● Teachers who are trained and can offer occupational and speech therapy, as well as teach students with processing delays at an appropriate pace
● Teachers and staff who understand sensory processing issues and work around them enable the best learning environment
● Special accommodations for students who just need to “take a break”
● Pastoral care for students and teachers, such as counseling, to address issues and concerns
● Nontraditional classroom settings in which children can move around as they learn, if needed
私達MPIJ IA は、生徒全員で同じ方法で学ぶわけではないことを理解しており、生徒達それぞれに、得意不得意があることを十分に理解しています。
MPIJ IA は生徒一人一人の能力や学習ペースに合わせた環境を提供します。
MPIJ IA では、生徒達の自己認識や自信を高め、今日のグローバル社会で必要なコミュニケーション能力を養うことを目指します。
● 教師とスタッフは”違い” を理解し、生徒達にとって最適・最善な学習環境の実現を目指します。
● ”休息をとりたい” 生徒達にとって、MPIJ IA は特別な場所なのです。